Friday, August 8, 2008

Post Office trip!

I'm off to the post office today. First I must mail my completed Pink Ribbon Turtle quadrant. I am really happy with how it turned out. All I did in the background is bezel around some mirrors to look kind of like bubbles. I used size 15 silver beads, so they blend with the mirrors, and just add some sparkle to the background. I don't know what anyone else is putting in their background so I thought I would go light, and not try to take away from the turtle in the middle.
They other goody I need to mail is this necklace I whipped up for my Aunt Nancy. She had this little purple stone that she liked, and wanted something made out of it. I decided to go simple on this one, so that it can be worn casually, and I didn't want to distract from the stone. I made the peyote tubes in purple, and added the pink around the edges, just like in the bezel around the stone. The beads that make up the rest of the necklace are 6mm amethyst, and a little 3mm pressed Czech. bead in between each amethyst. I hope she likes it!



The picture is a little washed out looking, I still haven't quite mastered this whole photography thing. Even though I took the picture outside, with the sun shining brightly, the whole thing had a purple tint to it, so I tried to adjust the brightness, and this is what I came up with. Ill just keep learning, and trying!

No comments: