Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Love Squared Revealed

Last night Monica Magnuss posted the photos of the pink artist project. The doll has been named Love Squared and is approximately 40 inches tall. Now that Monica has finished constructing her, she is going to start her journey to Art Doll Quarterly, and then will be auctioned off. All of the proceeds will go to the Susan G. Komen foundation to help with breast cancer research.
I cant believe how beautiful she is. Monica did a fabulous job creating her. And a big round of applause for all of the people who donated their time, and their craft to help with such worthwhile cause. Cancer affects so many people, the only way we can fight such a disease is together.
I dedicate my squares (one is featured here, on the right side, silver beads with a pink ribbon) to my step-grandmother, Evelyn Kitchen, who was lucky enough to win her fight with breast cancer not once, but twice. I hope that my efforts, and everyone else's, will help make the chances of surviving cancer even just a little bit easier for everyone.

No comments: