Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stanley

I sat down yesterday to work on my turtle head, and I got distracted by a thought process. After spending some time browsing Laura McCabe's website and looking at her cell phone fobs, I thought to myself, "hey, I bet I could make myself a turtle fob!" I really like turtles, and since I have turtles on the brain lately with the Pink Ribbon Turtles it just came naturally. So this is what I came up with...I used a 12mm emerald swarovski rivoli for the shell. I stitched a peyote bezel around it, and then made the ridge on the shell with a st. petersburg chain variation. I added a 8mm peridot swarovski for the head, with a head pin inserted for attaching to the fob. The legs are 6mm peridot top-drilled crystals, and two 4mm peridots for the tail. I also beaded the bezel so that it was closed on the back of the rivoli, so that his shell looks complete.
Ive named him Stanley. I'm not sure why, but the name just spoke to me while I was making it, so Stanley it is. I hope he will enjoy dangling from my phone. Now on to bigger, pinker turtles...again...

No comments: