Friday, October 15, 2010

Necklace from the Black Lagoon

Here's a necklace I made to enter in the latest Fire Divas jewelry challenge. I was inspired by the focal bead, which is called "Monstrous Algae."
When I think about monstrous algae, I think of the monster from the black lagoon. This necklace is not monstrous, but I couldn't resist naming it like I did.
The focal bead was made by Melanie from Arensea. Its a fabulous bead, and I used its colors to do the rest of the necklace.
I made some netted sections, which I strung on beading wire. I used swarovski crystals, and brass findings.
I finished it off with a brass toggle. It is 22 inches long, and the focal bead is 30mm. I'm so glad I got it all done and entered into the contest on time(today is the last day to enter). I love entering the Fire Divas challenges. Not a lot of people enter, which gives me a better chance of winning some new beads! And we all know how much I need more beads...lol!

3 comments:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Gorgeous necklace! The bead cord echoes the look of the pendant perfectly! I hope you win. Your piece is exquisite and the name is delightful. All the elements of a winning design!

shiborigirl said...

Love this! Funny, I was doing tubular netting recently too. Must be something in the air, huh? :)

Kate

Ababeads said...

Lovely beadwork and great color combinaiton!!!!