Monday, October 22, 2007

New to all of this!

Well, this is my first post. I am very new to all of this, but thought I might give it a try. I currently work at a bead store in Freeland Michigan, and am having some inner turmoil on what step should come next in my life. I have been beading for 23 years, and finally when I got this job at the bead store I felt like I had found my place in the beaded world. Well, now the store is going to close at the end of November and I need to find an outlet to share my creations with others. I have been entering beaded challenges, and trying to get my name out there a little, and new prospects are opening themselves to me on a daily basis. I have been considering selling some of my work on ebay, but I am not sure if this is the proper venue for my work. Will the customers who would buy my work even find it on ebay? Where is the right place to sell hand beaded jewelry and other crafts? Is the internet fully saturated with online bead, and jewelry stores? Who might know the answers to all the question that I have swirling around in my head? Before I spend a lot of money trying this out on the internet, I would love some feedback. Am I better off trying to do something with some local boutiques? Or is worldwide a better market?

No comments: