Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bead Dreams


Ok, so correct me if I am wrong. I am not the only one on the planet that has many a sleepless night because I am working out bead problems in my head, am I? I was once told by a young beader I had just met that after I had been beading for awhile those dreams would stop and then she asked me how long I had been beading. Needless to say I think it shocked her that I had been obsessed with beads longer then she had been alive. Funny, I think the dreams are more frequent the longer I have been at it. I guess I shouldn't complain, I have worked out many a dilemma in the wee hours of the night while trying to convince myself to just to stay in bed because sleep WILL happen if I stay there long enough.

Some projects I have made come entirely while I am laying in bed. This beaded butterfly mobile developed while I was "dreaming" about long walks in the forest with my family. I love to watch butterflies flit around, and it always amazes me at how many colors and patterns they come in. This project was my entry in my local bead societies bead challenge in 2007. I ended up in second place, first place being a beautiful beaded floral arrangement. The pictures will hopefully be up on the web page soon http://www.saginawvalleybeadsociety.org/ . Sorry this picture is not as good as I hoped. The wind was just enough that day that the butterflies were dancing around and making it hard to get a nice pictures.

No comments: