Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2008 Beading for a Cure

The 2008 Beading For A Cure challenge pieces have been unveiled! Last Friday they posted all the pictures of all the submissions, and I have to say what beautiful work everyone had submitted! It is absolutely amazing how many different things can be made with the same starter pack of beads. I would really suggest that you go and look at all the photos for yourself at http://www.beadingforacure.org/ . The slide show takes a while to load, but the pictures are great! And all of the work will be auctioned of on e-bay in march.


Here is a photo of my submission. I really had no idea what I was going to make for many months after receiving the packet. Then one day it just kind of started to flow. I started with the medallion in the middle, and once it was made it had this nice little curve to it that held the lampwork stone like a cup, so I peyote stitched a bezel around it and viola! my center piece had been created. I don't know about the rest of you, but I cant see the combination of red, orange, and yellow without thinking about flames(maybe its because I'm an Aries...). And so the rest of it just came together. I hope this years kit will be fun! The pictures I took myself really paled in comparison to what was done here. A professional photographer really can make a world of difference. It is amazing how much nicer the pictures look when they are displayed on one of those neck display thingies. I think I need to get one of those(of course until I find my camera even a neck thingy wont help my pictures!).

No comments: