Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Help with problem beads

I have teamed up with Michelle Mach from Beading Daily to try and help some beaders out with any problem beads, or projects they might have. Yesterday on the Beading Daily website Michelle unveiled their newest idea on helping out the beading community. Somehow she found my blog, and read my post about the bead store closing, and how much I miss it, and asked me if I might want to work with her on an idea she had. You can write to Beading Daily with any problems you might be having, or if you just need some creative stimulation. They will then forward these problems to me, and I will give my opinion of what I think might need to be done!


Michelle sent me this picture of some beads that she had bought and wasn't quite sure what to do with them. I suggested this:

When I saw the pine-cone polymer beads the first thing that popped into my head would be a lariat with maybe one bead on one end, and two on the other. I would pair it with some jasper, and even some nephrite or serpentine and give it a fall feel. Maybe the green bead could go on one end, and start in the green family, and blend slowly throughout the necklace to browns, with the other two browner pine-cone beads on the other end.

So, if you think you might want to know if I have any suggestions for you, just log on to www.beadingdaily.com and check out their post from Monday January 28Th, and it should direct you to how to go through the process! I am very excited. This should surely be fun!

No comments: